[Updated September 20, 2019]
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In General: We may collect both personal information that can identify you, such as your name and e-mail address, and other information that cannot be used to identify you. When you provide information through our application or website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect information you provide to us, which includes:
- Your name, e-mail address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using Multicom, if you choose to offer a program for sale or rental on Multicom, if you choose to buy or rent a program on Multicom, and if you choose to view a program on Multicom, via a subscription or otherwise.
- Information when you chose to provide reviews or ratings, account settings (including preferences set in the “Account” section of our application), or otherwise provide information to us through Multicom’s service or elsewhere.
- Information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information Collected Automatically: We may automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser has previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Cookies: When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we may also collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site.
- Cookies Defined: Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and to assist with service or advertising personalization.
- Declining Cookies: Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our services. You may also delete standard cookies from standard internet browsers.
- Advertising Identifiers: Advertising identifiers are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets [i.e. “Identifier for Advertisers” (“IDFA”) on Apple iOS devices, “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices]. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide or website or online service. For example, we and our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our websites and application so we can provide our service to them. They also help us enforce our Terms of Service, prevent fraud, and maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Multicom. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and to prevent you from needed to re-enter information you previously provided (i.e. during the registration process). We may also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Multicom service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising Cookies and Advertising Identifiers: These cookies and advertising identifiers use information about your use of both Multicom’s and other websites and apps, your response to ads and e-mails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- Exercising Choice Regarding Cookies and Advertising Identifiers: To opt-out of internet-based ads from Multicom in connection with an advertising identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings. You may still see Multicom ads on your device, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
- “Do-Not-Track” Signals: At this time, we do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals; however, we reserve the right to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals in the future.
- Web Beacons and Other Technologies: Web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including e-mail addresses and online ads on third party sites). Since web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with these cookies.
- Additional Information: We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (i.e. HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our Terms of Service, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
- Information Collected by Third-Parties: We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technology, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
- Network Advertising Initiative: Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (networkadvertising.org).
Please Note: You may elect to not provide any or all such information; however, if you do so, you may not be able to utilize the full features of Multicom.
USE OF INFORMATION
In General: We may use information that we collect about you to:
Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and events;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information: We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions, or sales made on or application or website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- Please Note: While we do offer you the option to store your credit or debit card payment information to make future purchases easier, we do not store the actual card number or related personal financial information. Rather, that information is provided to a third party for secure storage, and we use a secure “token” associated with that information to facilitate your purchase. These tokens do not include personal financial information. All personal financial information required to complete your purchase will be securely collected and provided to a third party vendor who will process payments and complete transactions.
Please Note: Review “Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information” below.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal Information: We understand how highly our users value the privacy and security of their personally identifiable information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, surveys, and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose.
- Business Partners: When you make purchases, reservations, or engage in promotions offered through our website or services, we may share personal information with the business with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to that merchant.
- Disclosure(s) to Licensor: If you choose to make a purchase, the Licensor (as defined in our Terms of Service) will receive your e-mail address and the Licensor may choose to send you e-mails regarding both your purchase and information about the Licensor’s other products and services. We have no control over a Licensor’s activities with respect to communications with purchasers. We do not disclose any of your personal financial information to Licensors.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise or legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We may also share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis (i.e. telling advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed). This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
YOUR INFORMATION AND RIGHTS
In General: You can request access to your personal information or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can most easily do this by visiting the “Account” portion of our service, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Multicom payment information, and various related information about your account. You must be signed in to access the “Account” section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. Please also see the “Your Choices” section of this Privacy Statement (found below) for additional choices regarding your information.
- Please Note: We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
In General: You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or other event; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our service.
- E-Mail and Other Messages: If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via e-mail or other means, please do not hesitate to contact us (our contact information can be found in the “Contact Us” section below).
- Please Note: You cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
- Push Notifications: You can choose to receive push notifications from Multicom. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s setting functionality to turn them off.
Forgot Login Information: If you forget your account login information, you may request that we send it to the e-mail address associated with your account.
In General: We employ encryption and other security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect this information by using secure-socket-layer (“SSL”) to protect the transmission of such information. However, please be advised that while we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot accordingly guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized access from occurring. Please take steps to maintain the security of your account information.
OTHER WEBSITES, PLATFORMS, AND APPLICATIONS
In General: Use of Multicom is restricted to individuals 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, store, use, or disclose any information regarding children under 13 years old. We will only knowingly collect, store, use, or disclose any information regarding children older than 13 but younger than 18 with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. In the event we are informed that we have unknowingly collected information in contravention of these policies, we will immediately delete that information from our systems.